ybe = years before the [Divine Drajan] Empire
ye = year of the [Divine Drajan] EmpireThe most likely "universal" date count.
ybk = years before the Kleimlandyk = year of the KleimlandThe dates as counted during my original campaign.
Human history begins with the fall of Prosperity The Elder Ages were a time of Legend--history and mythology are blended. Dates are not exact, though a rough progression of events can be understood.
First Age / Spiritual Age
Over 3,000 ybe (Over 4,000 ybk)
- As the giant races near extinction at the hands of the HMDJVNW they choose six humans--the sons of Honsu/Golai--to carry on their legacy as the patriarchs of the goliaths.
- By the end of the Giant-HMDJVNW War, the land of Prosperity has been transformed into the land of Desolation.
- The HMDJVNW enslave the human and goliath races by psychological and emotional means. They create the Taint to prevent human and goliath cultures from developing enough to become a threat--creating orcs and ogres.
- Last of the serpent-folk dynasties of the Scalykind Empire; first of the lizardfolk dynasties.
- Dwarven expansion leads to the second dwarven schism, establishing the duergar and korobokuru subraces.
Second Age / Luminous Age
Circa 3,000 ybe (Circa 4,000 ybk)
- Formation of the Cult of Human Perseverance as part of a resistance movement. Humans and goliaths revolt against the HMDJVNW.
- Goliaths arrive in Monvesia by sea, hoping to escape a curse in their homeland. The goliaths spread through the southern portions of elf lands.
- A portion of the human race settles in Fuhon, becoming the hengeyokai.
Circa 2,900 ybe (Circa 3,900 ybk)
- Appearance of trolls in Prace. Goliath medicine workers assume these are the result of a second strain of Taint native to their new homeland.
Cira 2,500 ybe (Circa 3,500 ybk)
- The human exodus passes through the Scalikind Empire--regions human history call the Forest of Vines and the Sea of Sand. Humanity encounters lizardfolk for the first time. The lizardfolk lead the humans away from Henjal.
- Appearance of troglodytes and yuan-ti in Henjal.
Less Than 2,500 ybe (Less Than 3,500 ybk)
- Last of the lizardfolk dynasties lead to the final collapse of the Scalikind Empire.
- Rise of the Three Vanara Kindgoms.
- Neanderthals begin to migrate from Prace to the Crown.
Over 2,000 ybe (Over 3,000 ybk)
- Taint spreads to the other races of Monvesia--creating goblins, hobgoblins, and gnolls. Elves are not transformed.
- The first humans ascend to sainthood.
Third Age / Igneous Age
Circa 2,000 ybe (Circa 3,000 ybk)
- Humans arrive in Monvesia after crossing the Sea of Sand. They settle in the southern portions of rakasta territory [Veldistan].
- Last known presence of neanderthals in Prace.
Less Than 2,000 ybe (Less Than 3,000 ybk)
- Initial appearance of bugbears, assumed to be the human counterparts of trolls.
- Lizardfolk sightings begin in Monvesia; many do not believe this elusive race could not have traveled this far, but sightings become more prevalent over time. While they are accepted as a presence, they are still rarely ever seen.
- Composition of The Hierophany of Mohas--the founding text of Temperamental Philosophy. In this work, Mohas explores: 1) the inevitable ascension of his companion Baltus, whom he identifies as an "Anointed One," and 2) the cosmology of the Spheres and their inhabitants.
- Humans expand into elvish territory [Notopoli, Cuorria]
Fourth Age / Terrestrial Age
Circa 1,000 ybe (Circa 2,500 ybk)
- Humans expand into dwarven territory [Honderreich].
Circa 500 ybe (Circa 1,500 ybk)
- Humans expand into the northwest [Galtain] and east [Voztok].
Edited August 22nd, 2015; June 25th, 2016; June 15, 2018; September 9, 2018; September 15, 2018; May 25, 2019; May 30, 2019; Nov 30, 2019; Dec 9, 2019.