RETCON NOTE: The creation of this post has caused the two previous installments of the series to be edited--both "Alignments of Monvesia: Temperaments" and "Alignments of Monvesia 2: Codifying Perception."While the basis of human religious tradition, the Temperaments of the Monvesia campaign setting are universal concepts that races throughout Orbimond accept as being representative of the basic attitudes of intelligent beings. From a cosmological standpoint, they represent the six spheres that form the world itself. On a legendary level, they correspond to the colors of dragons and even the ancient giant races. In daily life, temperaments are associated with race, birth date, occupation, and the like.
Geographic TemperamentNothing in Monvesia is free from temperamental association--not even its geography. Even each geo-political region of Orbimond is associated with one temperament or another. These are:
- Altruist Fuhon, a land where people are concerned with Honor.
- Materialist Prace, where the Drajan Empire is both church and state.
- Dynamist Ombo, a place where natural law trumps civilization.
- Idealist Henjal, the cultural center of psionic traditions.
- Vitalist Xahaca, which is subject to the whims of the Frenetic Ocean.
- Nihisit Raviq, home to the Desolation of the HMDJVNW.
The Crown is not listed above, for it is mostly uninhabited. Races of the Crown are associated with a nearby region (neanderthals and duergar with Prace, firbolgs with Henjal).