A dragon of one color may be hatched to a dragon of any other color. To randomly determine a dragon's color, roll 1d12 and consult the following: 1 - 5, mother's color; 6 - 8, father's color; 9, other color A; 10, other color B; 11, other color C; 12, other color D.The philosophical temperaments of human religion are associated with colors according to the traditional nomenclature of draconic coloration. Rakasta, who do not see color in the same way that other races do, use an alternate naming scheme based on other precious materials.
Any dragon may be of any temperament, regardless of apparent color.
Innate Spellcasters: All Monvesian dragons have a chance of being innate spellcasters (as described on p. 86 of the Monster Manual).
- Assumed Temperament: Nihilist
- Damage Type: Acid
- Innate Spellcasting Chance: 30%
- Otherwise treat as a Black Dragon from the Monster Manual
- Assumed Temperament: Idealist
- Damage Type: Cold
- Innate Spellcasting Chance: 60%
- Otherwise treat as a Silver Dragon from the Monster Manual
Oerloeg was a blue dragon who was important to the history and folklore of the Honderreich. Killed during the Orc Wars, her spirit was later used to forge an intelligent sword. This sword was used by two heroes, each in pursuit of the same foe--the Warlock (later Lich) Hippolyta. Slain twice, it is unknown if Hippolyta remains dead ... the Sword of Oerloeg may be needed once more.
- Assumed Temperament: Materialist
- Damage Type: Fire (breath weapon as gold dragon)
- Innate Spellcasting Chance: 15%
- Otherwise treat as a Copper Dragon from the Monster Manual
- Assumed Temperament: Dynamist
- Damage Type: Poison
- Innate Spellcasting Chance: 45%
- Otherwise treat as a Green Dragon from the Monster Manual
- Assumed Temperament: Vitalist
- Damage Type: Fire
- Innate Spellcasting Chance: 75%
- Otherwise treat as a Red Dragon from the Monster Manual
- Assumed Temperament: Altruist
- Damage Type: Lightning ("Empyreal Fire") (breath weapon as blue dragon)
- Innate Spellcasting Chance: 90%
- Otherwise treat as a Gold Dragon from the Monster Manual
The dragon-kin are to dragons as humanoids and homonids are to humans. Some are intelligent ("draconoids"), while others are animalistic ("draconids"). Monvesian dragon-kin from the Monster Manual are: dragon turtle, faerie dragon, hydra*, kraken*, pseudodragon, tarrasque*, and wyvern.
* These monsters are not classified as dragons in the Monster Manual, but are treated as such in Monvesia.In addition to these, Monvesia also has drakes--which are bestial, wingless dragons.
Edited August 17, 2015; August 31, 2015; September 9th, 2015.