ybe = years before the [Divine Drajan] Empire
ye = year of the [Divine Drajan] EmpireThe most likely "universal" date count.
ybk = years before the Kleimlandyk = year of the KleimlandThe dates as counted during my original campaign.
Each age is roughly 1,000 years, but it not exactly a millennium. During the ancient era detailed below, events seem to hold to the one-millennium-per-age rule--but only because exact dates aren't plausible.
First Age / Spiritual Age
Over 4,000 ybe (Over 5,000 ybk)
Over 3,000 ybe (Over 4,000 ybk)
- The HMDJVNW (“am-div-nu”) arrive in the land of Prosperity in Raviq from Limbo, beginning a centuries-long war with the giants.
- The first dwarves ascend to sainthood--these are possibly the first mortals to ascend.
- Some dwarves learn magic from the elves, and are abandoned by the paragons for their transgression--these dwarves become the gnomes.
- As the giant races near extinction at the hands of the HMDJVNW, they choose six humans to carry on their legacy as the patriarchs of the goliaths.
- By the end of the Giant-HMDJVNW War, the land of Prosperity has been transformed into the land of Desolation.
- The HMDJVNW enslave the human and goliath races by psychological and emotional means. They create the Taint to prevent human and goliath cultures from developing enough to become a threat--creating orcs and ogres.
- Rise of the Scalikind Empire
Second Age / Luminous Age
Circa 3,000 ybe (Circa 4,000 ybk)
- Formation of the Cult of Human Perseverance as part of a resistance movement. Humans and goliaths revolt against the HMDJVNW.
- Goliaths arrive in Monvesia by sea, hoping to escape a curse in their homeland. The goliaths spread through the southern portions of elf lands.
- Stewarship over the Scalikind Empire passes to the lizardfolk and their kin.
Circa 2,900 ybe (Circa 3,900 ybk)
- A new strain of Taint emerges in Monvesia, transforming goliaths into trolls; some other goliaths continue to transform into ogres
Cira 2,500 ybe (Circa 3,500 ybk)
- The human exodus passes through the Scalikind Empire--regions human history call the Forest of Vines and the Sea of Sand. Humanity encounters lizardfolk for the first time. The lizardfolk lead the humans away from vanara and dogfolk communities.
Less Than 2,500 ybe (Less Than 3,500 ybk)
- Decline of the lizardfolk race and their Scalikind Empire.
- Rise of the Three Vanara Kindgoms.
Over 2,000 ybe (Over 3,000 ybk)
- Taint spreads to the other races of Monvesia--creating goblins, hobgoblins, and gnolls. Elves are not transformed.
- The first humans ascend to sainthood.
Third Age / Igneous Age
Circa 2,000 ybe (Circa 3,000 ybk)
- Humans arrive in Monvesia after crossing the Sea of Sand. They settle in the southern portions of rakasta territory [Veldistan].
Less Than 2,000 ybe (Less Than 3,000 ybk)
- Monvesia-strain Taint spreads to humankind, creating bugbears.
- Lizardfolk sightings begin in Monvesia; many do not believe this elusive race could not have traveled this far, but sightings become more prevalent over time. While they are accepted as a presence, they are still rarely ever seen.
- Composition of The Hierophany of Mohas--the founding text of Temperamental Philosophy. In this work, Mohas explores: 1) the inevitable ascension of his companion Baltus, whom he identifies as an "Anointed One," and 2) the cosmology of the Spheres and their inhabitants.
- Humans expand into elvish territory [Notopoli, Cuorria]
Fourth Age / Terrestrial Age
Circa 1,000 ybe (Circa 2,500 ybk)
- Humans expand into dwarven territory [Honderreich].
Circa 500 ybe (Circa 1,500 ybk)
- Humans expand into the northwest [Galtain] and east [Voztok].
Edited August 22nd, 2015; June 25th, 2016; June 15, 2018; September 9, 2018; September 15, 2018.