|Common Script [Gothic alphabet]|
- Common Languages of Prace - There are six (6!) common [ie. human] languages, one for each human culture; all Common languages share the same script.
- Human characters, (but not including half-human and planetouched) should select two common languages at first level--one representing their culture of origin, and one other.
- Other characters should select one common language, generally representing the nearest human population; for half-humans and planetouched, this represents their culture of origin.
- All player characters in a single party should share at least one language (though this does not have to be a common language).
- Cuorrian ("Central Common") - spoken by Romance/Latinate people of the central river region, many elves, some halflings, some goliaths [aka. “Herzlander”]
- Galtish ("Western Common") - spoken by Celtic people of the northwest region, some gnomes, some rakasta [aka. “Galtannian” or “Galtlander”]
- Honderreicher ("Northern Common") - spoken by Germanic people of the northern region, some dwarves, some halflings, some rakasta, some gnomes [aka. “Ondrian”]
- Notopolitan ("Southern Common") - spoken by Hellenic people of the southern region, some goliaths [aka. “Notopian”]
- Veldi ("Desert Common") - spoken by Persian people of the western region, some rakasta [aka. “Baldian”]
- Voztokny ("Eastern Common") - spoken by Slavonic people east of the river region, some dwarves , some goliaths, [aka. “Tsarish” or “Tsarian” or “Tzarlander”]
|Dwarvish Script [Georgian Nuskhuri alphabet]|
- Non-Human Languages of Prace
- Dwarvish - spoken by dwarves; written with the dwarvish script
- Elvish - spoken by elves; written with the elvish script
- Goliath - spoken by goliaths; written with the goliath script [equivalent to giant]
- Gnomish - spoken by gnomes (similar to dwarvish); written with the dwarvish script
- Halfling - spoken by halflings (similar to gnollish); written with the common or rakasta script
- Rakasta - spoken by rakasta; written with the rakasta script
- Non-Human Languages of Henjal
- Non-Human Languages of Raviq
- Dogfolk - spoken by dogfolk; written in the dogfolk script
- Tainted Languages - The process that taints a humanoid also connects them to a collective unconscious that imparts knowledge of a shared language; all tainted languages are written in a tainted script
- Goblin - spoken by bugbears, goblins, and hobgoblins
- Orcish - spoken by orcs, ogres and trolls
- Gnollish - spoken by gnolls and boggarts
|Elvish Script [Hungarian runes]|
Exotic LanguagesThe following are the equivalents of the "Exotic Languages" outlined in the Player's Handbook.
|Planar Script (Voynich manuscript writing)|
- Outsider Languages - All outsiders speak mutually unintelligible dialects of the ancient source of all language; but they do all share the same Planar script. These are also used as liturgical languages by clerics of the philosophical temperaments.
- Aquan - spoken by [non-lawful, non-chaotic] inhabitants of the Hydrosphere [equivalent to Primordial]
- Auran - spoken by [non-good, non-evil] inhabitants of the Aerosphere [equivalent to Primordial]
- Ignan - spoken by [chaotic] inhabitants of the Pyrosphere [equivalent to Abyssal, Primordial]
- Luman - spoken by [good] inhabitants of the Hierosphere [equivalent to Celestial, Primordial]
- Terran - spoken by [lawful] inhabitants of the Lithosphere [equivalent to Infernal, Primordial]
- Vacuan - spoken by [evil] inhabitants of the Necrosphere [equivalent to Abyssal, Infernal]
- Major Monster Languages
- Draconic - spoken by dragons; written in the draconic script
- Canny- spoken by fey creatures, plant creatures, etc.; written in the elvish script [equivalent of Sylvan]
- Uncanny - spoken by inhuman or otherworldly monsters, evil fey; a “dialect” of Canny; written in the elvish script [equivalent of Deep Speech, Undercommon]
- Secret Languages
- Thieves' Cant