I wanted to add other factions based on the source material, such as the Disciples of Zor or the Children of the Shadow--but these factions would not have been active at the time of the Sentinels campaign.
Bonus RenownCharacters may begin play with bonus points of renown in particular factions, in particular situations:
- All Invid characters begin play with 1 point of renown with the Invid Horde
- All Micronian characters begin play with 1 point of renown with the Artifice Expeditionary Company
- All Sentinel characters begin play with 1 point of renown with the Sentinel Alliance
- Warlocks with an archfey patron (the Faerie Queen or Goblin King) begin play with 1 point of renown with the Invid Horde
- Warlocks with the undying patron (the Artifice Elders) begin play with 1 point of renown with the Artifice Masters.
Artifice Expeditionary CompanyThe Artifice Expeditionary Company was established after the Orc Invasion of Earth, the human homeland. The surviving orcs allied themselves with the Micronians, helping their former enemies learn more about Artifice. Their knowledge being sparse, and expedition to Fantoma was planned to contact the Artifice Masters.
The AEC has built a series of colonies on islands between Micronia and Fantoma with the purpose of facilitating communication with their homeland. These include: Fort Liberty (nearest Micronia, the largest colony, Fort Equality (near the midpoint between the continents), and Fort Fraternity (nearest Fantoma, the newest and smallest colony).
- Artifice is a universal path that belongs to all.
- Understanding the Flower of Life is just another form of Artifice.
- Respect is earned through strength and skill.
- Goals: To establish the races of Micronia as participants in the global arena; to promote peace among the various races through military might.
- 1, Cadet
- 3, Lieutenant
- 10, Commander
- 25, Captain
- 50, Admiral
- Artifice is the true path to perfection, biologically and technologically.
- The Invid squandered the Flower of Life, and therefore lost their claim to it.
- Those who have power deserve control.
- Goals: To regain control of the Protoculture Matrix and the Flower of Life in order to advance the arts and sciences of Artifice; to reestablish themselves as the ruling elite.
- 1, Soldier
- 3, Subcommander
- 10, Commander
- 25, High Commander
- 50, Elder
For the sake of gaining renown, both Invid courts are considered the same faction.
- Artifice is a corruption of the Invid ways, but has become a necessary tool.
- The Flower of Life belongs to Optera and its people alone.
- The body is a tool of the mind--perfecting one perfects the other.
- Goals: To restore the honor and glory of the invid people.
- 1, Scout
- 3, Trooper
- 10, Enforcer
- 25, Commander
- 50, Overlord
- Artifice is not the only path--there are other ways to power.
- The Flower of Life is a stain on Fantoma.
- True freedom can only come through self rule.
- Goals: To liberate their homelands from foreign influence, and to establish national identities for each member race.
- 1, Envoy
- 3, Emissary
- 10, Ambassador
- 25, Plenipotentiary
- 50, Consul