[This space is reserved for the exploration of the Dwarven and Gnomish arcane tradition. An early version of artifice was introduced as an option for wizards. Until the full class is explored, this version may be used.]
SorcererSorcerers of Monvesia are possessed of an inborn connection to one of the Spheres. While all adherents of the elemental philosophies believe that every being has such a connection, it is the sorcerers who have accepted it and gained power from it. A sorcerer's elemental connection may be tied to his or her race (or culture, if human), personal philosophy/temperament, season of birth, etc.--but it does not define every aspect of the character.
Among rakasta, sorcerers are seen as spirit mediums who have allowed themselves to become the vessels of lesser spirits.
- Aether/Light (Hierurge) - Favored Soul (Unearthed Arcana)
- Earth (Lithurge) - Stone (Unearthed Arcana)
- Air (Aerurge) - Storm (Sword Coast)
- Fire (Pyrurge) - Phoenix (Unearthed Arcana)
- Water (Hydrurge) - Sea (Unearthed Arcana)
- Void (Necrurge) - Shadow (Unearthed Arcana)
- Dragon Ancestor (Player's Handbook) - Unavailable to most Monvesian races. Only the lizardfolk show a close enough affinity to dragons to demonstrate this sorcerous origin. This connection is not one of direct ancestry, but is a vestige of that race's ancient religious tradition.
Wild Magic(Player's Handbook) - Unavailble in Monvesia. In the world of Monvesia, the magic of chaos is inseparable from the magic of fire; this type of wild mage is both redundant and inappropriate.
- Altruist / Morality - The Celestial (Unearthed Arcana) [formerly "Undying Light"]
- Materialist / Matter - The Hexblade (Unearthed Arcana) [see below]
- Idealist / Thought - The Seeker (Unearthed Arcana)
- Vitalist / Energy - The Fiend (Player's Handbook)
- Dynamist / Time - The Archfey (Player's Handbook)
- Nihilist / Entropy - The Undying (Sword Coast)
- Great Old One (Player's Handbook) - the first warlocks among humans and goliaths were those that followed the Great Old Ones that ruled Desolation. Though these races fled the oppression of that world, some warlocks still seek out these ancient pacts.
Raven Queen(Unearthed Arcana) - Unavailable in Monvesia. The Raven Queen is a not a being that is part of Monvesia lore. Her equivalent would be a saint of the Sphere of Entropy.
Great Old Ones: HMDJVNW (ancient Human & Goliath)The worship of HMDJVNW (commonly pronouned "am-DIV-new," though rarely spoken aloud [if fear of the word's power]) is an ancient human and goliath tradition that preceded the establishment of the Cult of Human Perseverance (and later the Temperamental Philosophies). Small pockets of the cult may still practice in secret. Worship of HMDJVNW, though traditionally human, is rare for all races. There is rumor that the cult may have re-emerged in Veldistan or even Voztok.
- DNXHINTN the Darkness
- ENSHZRYD the Profundity
- FVINQRX the Nothingness
- JXTHALOTH the Stillness
- NKNTHRAUL the Disquietude
- MYRQNL the Concealment
- ZDRANYCH the Endlessness
Archfey: Seelie & Unseelie Courts (Elves)
- Äiti the All-Mother (seelie queen)
- Neito the Forest Maiden (seelie princess)
- Noitia the Witch Queen (unseelie queen)
- Sarvipäinen the Horned King (unseelie king)
- Vihreät the Green Man. (seelie king)
This pact option may only be a stand-in until a better one emerges--but it does give me the chance, for the moment, to explore the Mirror Plane and its materialist nature.
- Rakasta Bladesinging (Sword Coast)
- Veldi [Human] Lore Mastery (Unearthed Arcana)
- Senarian / Cuorrian & Honderreicher [Human] Schools of Magic (Player's Handbook)
- Goliath War Magic (Unearthed Arcana)
Theurgy(Unearthed Arcana) - Though religion is a major aspect of the Monvesia setting, options for combining religion and magic that better fit the setting are already available for sorcers, warlocks, and clerics. Artificers(Unearthed Arcana) - Representing the dwarven and gnomish arcane arts, this arne tradition has been replaed with a class of its own, which will be explored at a later date (see above)
Schools of Magic / Specialist Wizards
- Abjuration: Heiromancer (White Wizard)
- Conjuration: Lithomancer (Golden Wizard)
- Divination: Hydromancer (Green Wizard)
- Enchantment: Aeromancer (Blue Wizard)
- Evocation: Pyromancer (Red Wizard)
- Illusion: Aeromancer (Blue Wizard)
- Necromancy: Necromancer [duh] (Black Wizard)
- Transmutation: Lithomancer (Golden Wizard)