RETCON NOTE: Are you looking for Artificers? They have been moved to Savants of Monvesia.
SorcererSorcerers of Monvesia are possessed of an inborn connection to one of the Spheres. While all adherents of the elemental philosophies believe that every being has such a connection, it is the sorcerers who have accepted it and gained power from it. A sorcerer's elemental connection may be tied to his or her race (or culture, if human), personal philosophy/temperament, season of birth, etc.--but it does not define every aspect of the character.
Among rakasta, sorcerers are seen as spirit mediums who have allowed themselves to become the vessels of lesser spirits.
- Aether/Light (Hierurge) - Divine Soul (Xanathar's Guide) [formerly "Favored Soul"]
- Earth (Lithurge) - Stone Sorcery (Unearthed Arcana)
- Air (Aerurge) - Storm Sorcery (Sword Coast or Xanathar's Guide)
- Fire (Pyrurge) - Phoenix (Unearthed Arcana)
- Water (Hydrurge) - Sea (Unearthed Arcana)
- Void (Necrurge) - Shadow Magic (Xanathar's Guide)
- Dragon Ancestor (Player's Handbook) - Unavailable to most Monvesian races. Only the lizardfolk show a close enough affinity to dragons to demonstrate this sorcerous origin. This connection is not one of direct ancestry, but is a vestige of that race's ancient religious tradition.
- Giant Soul (Unearthed Arcana) - Available only to Goliaths and Humans. The giants went extinct when the land of Prosperity became the land of Desolation; their legacy, however, remains in the goliaths, who were formed from humankind. Members of either race can still awaken to an ancient giant heritage, even though they are long separated from their homeland.
Wild Magic(Player's Handbook) - Unavailble in Monvesia. In the world of Monvesia, the magic of chaos is inseparable from the magic of fire; this type of wild mage is both redundant and inappropriate.
- Altruist / Morality - The Celestial (Xanathar's Guide) [formerly "Undying Light"]
- Materialist / Matter - The Hexblade (Xanathar's Guide) [see below]
- Idealist / Thought - The Seeker (Unearthed Arcana)
- Vitalist / Energy - The Fiend (Player's Handbook)
- Dynamist / Time - The Archfey (Player's Handbook)
- Nihilist / Entropy - The Undying (Sword Coast)
- Great Old One (Player's Handbook) - the first warlocks among humans and goliaths were those that followed the Great Old Ones that ruled Desolation. Though these races fled the oppression of that world, some warlocks still seek out these ancient pacts.
Raven Queen(Unearthed Arcana) - Unavailable in Monvesia. The Raven Queen is a not a being that is part of Monvesia lore. Her equivalent would be a saint of the Sphere of Entropy--so those who draw power from her would, therefore, be clerics.
Great Old Ones: HMDJVNW (ancient Human & Goliath)The worship of HMDJVNW (commonly pronouned "am-DIV-new," though rarely spoken aloud [if fear of the word's power]) is an ancient human and goliath tradition that preceded the establishment of the Cult of Human Perseverance (and later the Temperamental Philosophies). Small pockets of the cult may still practice in secret. Worship of HMDJVNW, though traditionally human, is rare for all races. There is rumor that the cult may have re-emerged in Veldistan or even Voztok.
- DNXHINTN the Darkness
- ENSHZRYD the Profundity
- FVINQRX the Nothingness
- JXTHALOTH the Stillness
- NKNTHRAUL the Disquietude
- MYRQNL the Concealment
- ZDRANYCH the Endlessness
Archfey: Seelie & Unseelie Courts (Elves)
- Äiti the All-Mother (seelie queen)
- Neito the Forest Maiden (seelie princess)
- Noitia the Witch Queen (unseelie queen)
- Sarvipäinen the Horned King (unseelie king)
- Vihreät the Green Man. (seelie king)
Undying: The FirstThe undying are the first of their kind--beings so ancient that no one type of undead could define them. Though they have achieved immortality, they have been denied sainthood.
- Amli the Restless
- Ashra the Embalmed
- Coash the Empowered
- Liltu the Infected
- Orkon the Doomed
This pact option may only be a stand-in until a better one emerges--but it does give me the chance, for the moment, to explore the Mirror Plane and its materialist nature.
- Rakasta Bladesinging (Sword Coast), "Qrish-Song"
- Veldi [Human] Lore Mastery (Unearthed Arcana), "Madjiq"
- Senarian / Cuorrian & Honderreicher [Human] Schools of Magic (Player's Handbook), "Arcane Orders"
- Goliath War Magic (Xanathar's Guide)
Theurgy(Unearthed Arcana) - Though religion is a major aspect of the Monvesia setting, options for combining religion and magic that better fit the setting are already available for sorcers, warlocks, and clerics. Artificers(Unearthed Arcana) - Representing the dwarven and gnomish arcane arts, this arcane tradition has been replaced with a class of its own. Inventors(Unearthed Arcana) - While a fascinting take on magic, this school is a thematic fit with Wild Magic (above)--and does not currently have a place in Monvesia.
Schools of Magic / Specialist Wizards
- Abjuration: Heiromancer (White Wizard)
- Conjuration: Lithomancer (Golden Wizard)
- Divination: Hydromancer (Green Wizard)
- Enchantment: Aeromancer (Blue Wizard)
- Evocation: Pyromancer (Red Wizard)
- Illusion: Aeromancer (Blue Wizard)
- Necromancy: Necromancer [duh] (Black Wizard)
- Transmutation: Lithomancer (Golden Wizard)
Edited August 28, 2015; November 5, 2015; November 16, 2015; July 2, 2016; July 6, 2017; August 9, 2017; November 4, 2017; March 14, 2018; March 17, 2018; June 22, 2018.