As with similar posts, all of this information will also be added to the appropriate, existing posts--revising and/or replacing information in those posts as necessary.
All non-player revenants all use the same stats from the Monster Manual, with the appropriate alignment/temperament.A revenant is a being that has been revived from the dead by a transitive entity from one of the six Spheres. The entity is drawn to reanimate a character because that character's ideals are aligned with that sphere, and the aeon of that Sphere believes the character should have a second chance. Sometimes these entities are elemental in nature, sometimes they are spirits long dead.
A petitioner for sainthood who died in her pursuit could be granted a second chance. A character's alternate self from the Modal Plane may not not ready to give up the ghost. Perhaps a rakasta is joined by the spirit of an ancestor. Whatever the reason, a revenant is always bound to one of the Spheres.
Revenants should not be a go-to subrace in Monvesia--but they shouldn't be avoided, either. A player must have a damned good backstory for their character to justify it.
Monster Hunter (Fighter)
Monster hunters are dedicated specifically to the eradication of "monsters" connected to spheres in opposition to that of their temperament. For Crusader monster hunters, there are defined by the Orders they serve:
- Altruistic monster hunters oppose the denizens of the Hydrosphere, Lithosphere, and Necrosphere.
- Dynamist monster hunters oppose the denizens of the Heirosphere, Lithosphere, and Pyrosphere.
- Idealist monster hunters oppose the denizens of the Lithosphere, Necrosphere, and Pyrosphere.
- Materialist monster hunters oppose the denizens of the Aerosphere, Hierosphere, and Hydrosphere.
- Nihilist monster hunters oppose the denizens of the Aerosphere, Heirosphere, and Pyrosphere.
- Vitalist monster hunters oppose the denizens of the Aerosphere, Hydrosphere, and Necrosphere.
- "Independent" monster hunters (who operate outside of Crusader orders) may choose the denizens of any three Spheres to oppose (excluding the sphere of their own temperament).
Monster hunters specialize in the near and far of the Spheres--but not their core, elemental regions. Elementals are not seen as monsters, for they embody the core identity of the Spheres. They do not strive to be of the mortal world like fey, undead, slaadi, and thoughforms; nor do they try to rule it like celestials and fiends; nor even are they completely alien to the world as aberrations are.
Beyond the Crusader orders, inquisitive can also serve the role of spies, inspectors, and the like.
With the exception of Warhammer Master (which is presented as a bad example, and revised as Fell Handed), every other feat presented here is available for players in Monvesia:
- Weapon Mastery Feats
- Blade Mastery
- Fell Handed (axe & hammer mastery)
- Flail Mastery
- Spear Mastery
- Tool Feats
- Master of Disguise