RETCON NOTE: Are you looking for Artificers? They have been moved to Savants of Monvesia.
SorcererSorcerers of Monvesia are possessed of an inborn connection to one of the Spheres. While all adherents of the elemental philosophies believe that every being has such a connection, it is the sorcerers who have accepted it and gained power from it. A sorcerer's elemental connection may be tied to his or her race (or culture, if human), personal philosophy/temperament, season of birth, etc.--but it does not define every aspect of the character.
Among rakasta, sorcerers are seen as spirit mediums who have allowed themselves to become the vessels of lesser spirits.
- Aether/Light (Hierurge) - Divine Soul (Xanathar's Guide) [formerly "Favored Soul"]
- Earth (Lithurge) - Stone Sorcery (Unearthed Arcana)
- Air (Aerurge) - Storm Sorcery (Sword Coast or Xanathar's Guide)
- Fire (Pyrurge) - Phoenix (Unearthed Arcana)
- Water (Hydrurge) - Sea (Unearthed Arcana)
- Void/Entropy (Necrurge) - Shadow Magic (Xanathar's Guide)
- Dragon Ancestor (Player's Handbook) - Unavailable to most Monvesian races. Only the lizardfolk show a close enough affinity to dragons to demonstrate this sorcerous origin. This connection is not one of direct ancestry, but is a vestige of that race's ancient religious tradition.
- Giant Soul (Unearthed Arcana) - Available only to Goliaths and Humans. The giants went extinct when the land of Prosperity became the land of Desolation; their legacy, however, remains in the goliaths, who were formed from humankind. Members of either race can still awaken to an ancient giant heritage, even though they are long separated from their homeland.
Wild Magic(Player's Handbook) - Unavailble in Monvesia. In the world of Monvesia, the magic of chaos is inseparable from the magic of fire; this type of wild mage is both redundant and inappropriate.
- Archfey of Faerie - The Archfey (Player's Handbook)
- Äiti the All-Mother, Rainy Queen
- Neito the Forest Maiden, Summer Queen
- Noitia the Witch Queen, Dark Co-Regent
- Sarvipäinen the Horned King, Dark King
- Vihreät the Green Man, Summer Co-Regent
- There are four others, but only these five make pacts with warlocks.
- Doppelmiesters of the Mirror Plane - TBD
- Muses of the Dreaming - The Seeker (Unearthed Arcana)
- There are dozens, even hundreds, other Muses--but only these seven make pacts with warlocks.
- HMDJVNW of Limbo - Great Old One (Player's Handbook)
- DNXHINTN the Darkness
- ENSHZRYD the Profundity
- FVINQRX the Nothingness
- JXTHALOTH the Stillness
- NKNTHRAUL the Disquietude
- MYRQNL the Concealment
- ZDRANYCH the Endlessness
- Timekeepers of the Temporal Plane - TBD
- Undying of the Abyss - The Undying (Sword Coast)
- Amli the Restless
- Ashra the Embalmed
- Coash the Empowered
- Liltu the Infected
- Orkon the Doomed
- Vices of the Inferno - The Fiend (Player's Handbook)
- Laimargea, Queen of Wastefulness
- Lussur, Prince of Indulgence
- Lypea, Mother of Dispassion
- Orzjea, Mistress of Animosity
- Ybrion, Lord of Vainglory
- Virtues of the Empyrean - The Celestial (Xanathar's Guide)
- [formerly "Undying Light"]
- Dharadeel the Diligent, Guardian of the Gates
- Eldejeel the Pious, Mistress of the Celestial Steeds
- Ezripheel the Patient, Mistress of Riddles
- Nekheel the Just, Charger Against the Guilty
- Qasreel the Temperate, Keeper of Secrets
- Tzivreel the Prudent, Teller of Truths
Raven Queen(Unearthed Arcana) - Unavailable in Monvesia. The Raven Queen is a not a being that is part of Monvesia lore. Her equivalent would be a saint of the Sphere of Entropy--so those who draw power from her would, therefore, be clerics. Hexblade(Xanathar's Guide) - Unavailable in Monvesia. I enjoy the lore and setup of the Hexblade, but it does not [yet] fit naturally in Monvesia.
Conerning the Ancient HMDJVNW CultThe worship of the HMDJVNW (commonly pronouned "am-DIV-new," though rarely spoken aloud [if fear of the word's power]) is an ancient human and goliath tradition that preceded the establishment of the Cult of Human Perseverance (and later the Temperamental Philosophies). Small pockets of the cult may still practice in secret. Worship of the HMDJVNW, though traditionally human, is rare for all races. There is rumor that the cult may have re-emerged in Veldistan or even Voztok. Priests of the Old Ones are not warlocks.
- Rakasta Bladesinging (Sword Coast), "Qrish-Song"
- Veldi [Human] Lore Mastery (Unearthed Arcana), "Madjiq"
- Senarian / Cuorrian & Honderreicher [Human] Schools of Magic (Player's Handbook), "Arcane Orders"
- Goliath War Magic (Xanathar's Guide)
Theurgy(Unearthed Arcana) - Though religion is a major aspect of the Monvesia setting, options for combining religion and magic that better fit the setting are already available for sorcers, warlocks, and clerics. Artificers(Unearthed Arcana) - Representing the dwarven and gnomish arcane arts, this arcane tradition has been replaced with a class of its own. Inventors(Unearthed Arcana) - While a fascinting take on magic, this school is a thematic fit with Wild Magic (above)--and does not currently have a place in Monvesia.
Schools of Magic / Specialist Wizards
- Abjuration: Heiromancer (White Wizard)
- Conjuration: Lithomancer (Golden Wizard)
- Divination: Hydromancer (Green Wizard)
- Enchantment: Aeromancer (Blue Wizard)
- Evocation: Pyromancer (Red Wizard)
- Illusion: Aeromancer (Blue Wizard)
- Necromancy: Necromancer [duh] (Black Wizard)
- Transmutation: Lithomancer (Golden Wizard)
Edited August 28, 2015; November 5, 2015; November 16, 2015; July 2, 2016; July 6, 2017; August 9, 2017; November 4, 2017; March 14, 2018; March 17, 2018; June 22, 2018; August 3, 2018; August 14, 2018; August 24, 2018.